Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad keeps asking me to enter my password for my Apple ID

I have a 4th Generation 16GB 9.7" ipad, iOS 7.1.2, ipad. Woke up this morning and got a message on my iPad telling me to enter my password for my Apple ID to sign into the iCloud. I couldn't do anything else. I couldn't access any other screen. I turned off the ipad. The message was still there. I thought it was a major problem, so I decided to restore the iPad. I connected the ipad with a USB cable to my computer then followed the prompts for backing up and then restoring the ipad. Took about 1 hour. Afterwards, the message was still there.

I finally resorted to entering my password on the ipad for my Apple ID to sign into the cloud. I do not really use the cloud, and don't remember for what purpose that I set up the cloud on this ipad. After entering my password for the Apple ID, I proceeded to delete my icloud account on this ipad.

Was this original prompt a normal message ? Why did I get this message ?

iPad, iOS 7.1.2, 4th Generation 16GB 9.7" screen

Posted on Sep 1, 2014 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2014 2:50 PM

It was a normal message. iCloud needed to communicate with the pad, and in order to do that it asks for the account password as part of the security measures.

5 replies

Ipad keeps asking me to enter my password for my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.