Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I use remote app in a dorm?

I have the most recent version of the remote app for my iPhone 4S, and I'd like to control the iTunes on my 2010 MacBook Pro, but I am in a dorm, so I only have access to the communal "ResHall" wifi. Both my computer and my phone are on this network, but they will not recognize one another. I have turned Home Sharing on and off on both (in different orders as well, i.e. turn both off, turn homesharing on MacBook on first vs. on iPhone first), as well as verified that they are using the same Apple ID. My MacBook's firewall is already set to allow incoming data to iTunes. The router IP address is the same for both machines. Is there any quick (or not so quick, I'm open to anything at this point) way to use remote in a dorm like this?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Sep 1, 2014 10:00 PM

1 reply

Sep 4, 2014 7:52 AM in response to AJthebassist

Hey Ajthebassist,

Thanks for the question. After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are having difficulty pairing the Remote app with iTunes. This article may be able to help in this situation.

Remote app for iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch can't connect to iTunes or Apple TV

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1741

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

How can I use remote app in a dorm?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.