Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote 6.2.2 will not open a keynote file created in 6.2.2

I was sent a keynote file by a work colleague and we both have Keynote 6.2.2 on our MacBook Pro's. My MacBook will not open the file sent by my colleague even though it was created in version 6.2.2 I get an error message saying I need to download the latest version from the App store. Even after trying for a later version the App store says I already have the latest version installed... any advice please?

Powerbook 15", Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on Sep 2, 2014 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2014 10:56 AM

This is a well known problem.

Ask your colleague to zip the file and then send the zip file to you

right click on the file > and select compress

one downloaded, double click to uncompress

2 replies

Mar 29, 2015 11:54 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Tried this and is did not work. Created the file in 6.5.2 yesterday. Keynote will not open it from 6.5.2. will not open from 5.1.1. Zipped it, sent to myself. Uncompress - will not open. Sent to different email address - will not open. Tried everything in this forum. Went to app store, would not let my purchase because current version is latest. Think I purchased some version for Iphone and Ipad in desperation - doesn't seem to have been downloaded but waws charged for it. Really really frustrated with the new Apple - where nothing works - If I can't get this file open - another 14 hours of work and then what - have to leave open forever? - never able to use except on my imac? Please help.

Keynote 6.2.2 will not open a keynote file created in 6.2.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.