Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Googlemail & ICloud

Hi all,

I use Googlemail as my calendar/mail provider and access with the Mail.app, Calendar.app and Contact.app respectively.

I noticed yesterday that when my friend sends me calendar invites from his Googlemail account, for some reason the invites are automatically defaulting into my iCloud calendar.

I've checked the 'Default Account' is set to Googlemail on my Mac, iPad and iPhone so I'm at a bit of a loss!

Anyone have a similar issue or know of a fix? This may or may not be relevant but my Googlemail email address is the same as my AppleID (and therefore iCloud) so just throwing that out there!

Thanks

MacBook Pro, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Sep 2, 2014 1:00 PM

2 replies

Sep 4, 2014 8:22 AM in response to MattFromBolton1

Hi MattFromBolton1,

If your new incoming events are not being placed in the expected calendar, you may want to check to see what your Default Calendar is set for in Calendar on your Mac and iOS devices (unclear if this is what you meant by "Default Account"). You may find the Changing your Default Calendar section of the following article helpful (it is aimed at iCloud, but the steps should be the same for other services):

iCloud: Using iCloud Calendars with Calendar and iCal

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4968

Regards,

- Brenden

Googlemail & ICloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.