Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft Visio on MacBook Pro OSX

Hi All,

After I have been one month with brand New 15" MacBook Pro retina display, I set up windows into one part of my HDD.

but I got a complain from my friend that Windows will kill my battery and fan, so I follow him by stop use windows on my Mac.

then turn into VMWare Fusion for Microsoft Visio. Is it any one know any other OSX app can work similar like Microsoft Visio?

Please advise all including Windows on my Mac and Windows on WMWare, what will be affect to my 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Sep 3, 2014 5:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2017 3:26 AM

According to my own experience I advice you should regard ConceptDraw PRO http://www.conceptdraw.com/products/drawing-tool as it is quite a powerful alternative to MS Visio. It a licensed perpetual product which is able to import and export roundtrip of the native Visio file format.

User uploaded file

9 replies

Sep 3, 2014 5:50 AM in response to update to iPhone OS 3.1.2

Generally there should be no ill effect. It could be the wrong version of VMWare. I would consult with the VMWare forum if you are having trouble with it, or try Virtualbox instead, which is free.

As for Visio comparable applications,

Concept Draw's Visio 0 converter which converts all your Visio files to the crossplatform Concept Draw software.

Lucidchart - online Visio alternative

Sep 3, 2014 1:58 PM in response to update to iPhone OS 3.1.2

THanks all for your kindly advise....

regarding to Visio is it any other program can work instead?

PLease confirm for running Windows 8.1 by boot cam on My MacBook Pro with Retina Display 15" that would be harmful.

FOr me I really wish to be 100%on OSX user if have other useful program that can replace Microsoft Visio.

PLease advise....

Sep 4, 2014 5:07 AM in response to update to iPhone OS 3.1.2

Running Windows is only harmful if you don't practice safe computing practices for Windows. McAfee is a good antivirus program for Windows. Use your Mac OS X Mail program to check your e-mail and don't run any .exe or .bat files within Windows that you got as attachments on the Mac side.

Don't use peer2peer software on either side.

Don't download optimizers for the Mac:

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-6921

Sep 16, 2016 12:44 AM in response to update to iPhone OS 3.1.2

I would say that there are 3 serious Visio alternatives: ConceptDraw, Lucidchart, Omnigraffle. However, when I need just to preview Visio files from my colleagues on a Mac, I use VSDX Annotator. I can make notes quickly and sent the file back for editing. Here is a good review for Visio alternatives - https://nektony.com/products/vsdx-annotator-mac/visio-for-mac-3-best-alternative s

Microsoft Visio on MacBook Pro OSX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.