Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does cloud subscription stop syncing problems between ipod touch and itumes?

I cannot get my ipod to sync with iTunes on my computer. It wants to delete my ipod contents and use iTunes and its my ipod that is ok not my iTunes library. There is a lot of stuff on my ipod not in my iTunes library or it says its not accessible. I want to sync my library to my ipod but that doesn't seem to be an option so I was wondering if I have a cloud account if that will eliminate this problem. Thank you

iPod touch

Posted on Sep 3, 2014 10:33 AM

1 reply

Sep 3, 2014 11:14 PM in response to Kaelen Glorfindellion

Having an iCloud account won't affect syncing between a device and a computer's iTunes, iCloud just allows you to back up a device's content (documents, files etc, not the contents of the Music app) and to potentially keep Safari bookmarks, contacts, calendars in-line between the two.

Is that the computer that the iPod is normally synced to ? When you select music to sync you are effectively saying replace the music that is on the device with the music that you've selected to sync. If you don't have all of your music in that computer's iTunes library then you should be able to copy iTunes purchased music back from it via File > Devices > Transfer Purchases. For music from other sources there are some programs listed half-way down this page which should be able to copy it back : Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device.

Or if you want to copy content to the iPod from multiple computers then manually manage your content instead of syncing : Managing content manually on iPhone, iPad, and iPod

When manually managing content, you can add content from multiple libraries to your iPod or iPad. Even when manually managing music, some content may be available from only one library at time. This includes all content on iPhone and video content on iPod and iPad.

does cloud subscription stop syncing problems between ipod touch and itumes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.