Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find European Apps in App Store

I am from the United States and moved to France six months ago. I have tried a number of times to download apps that I see here in France but I can't find them at all in the app store.

For example - I have two store loyalty cards. One for Carrefour and one for ELeclerc.

Both of these stores are major businesses in France. They offer the ability to track your loyalty cards account via an Iphone App. They even provide a QCR code on every receipt so you can easily find it.

I have scanned the code, done manual searches and everything else I can think of - but these apps just don't show up. When I do a scan or click a link the App Store opens but there is just a blank screen. No message or anything. When I do a manual search in the app store I don't get anything that looks like what I want.

Are there restrictions on what I have access to since I purchased my phone in the USA?

Thanks - hopefully I'm just doing or not doing something obvious. But since we will be here for at least another year I would like to figure this out. Love having my apps! 😁

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Sep 3, 2014 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2017 10:50 AM

Pedro, I tried these steps on iTunes on my PC. When I tried to change the country to France, it tells me I have to cancel my Apple Music subscription in order to change countries! I didn't proceed. Surely there must be another way to access foreign podcasts, etc?

3 replies

Sep 5, 2014 7:38 AM in response to carlafromswisher

Hello there, carlafromswisher.

One thing that could be playing a roll in your issue might be the Country your App Store is set to. In this case, the apps may be available in the French store, and not the US store. The following Knowledge Base article offers up how to change the country of your Store:

Change the country of your iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, and Mac App Store account

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6119

Change your country on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Tap iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store.
  2. At the bottom of the Featured page, tap Sign In.
    If you're already signed in, skip to step 5.
  3. Tap Use Existing Apple ID.
  4. Enter your Apple ID and password and tap OK.
  5. Tap your Apple ID.
  6. Tap View Apple ID or View Account.
  7. Tap Country/Region.
  8. Tap Change Country or Region.
  9. Tap the Store menu and tap your country.
  10. Tap Next.
  11. Review the Terms and Conditions and Apple Privacy Policy.
  12. Tap Agree if you agree to the terms and conditions.
  13. In the prompt that appears, tap Agree.
  14. Select a payment method and enter your payment information.
  15. Enter your billing address and tap Next.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

Can't find European Apps in App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.