Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

downloading purchased album tracks that are protected aac audio files

I have purchased an album from iTunes and three of the tracks are showing as Protected aac audio files. I have gone through the process of deleting the tracks from my library and then downloading them again from iTunes but they still show as Protected AAC audio files. All the other tracks in the album are fine! The album is Beautiful South and the album is Gold Diggas, Head Nodders & Pholk Songs.

Windows 7

Posted on Sep 3, 2014 12:51 PM

1 reply

Sep 3, 2014 4:58 PM in response to aclovell

I have gone through the process of deleting the tracks from my library and then downloading them again from iTunes but they still show as Protected AAC audio files.

Although some people believe that iTunes Store is nowadays selling only non-protected song files, the fine print says otherwise:

Why is iTunes Plus format available for certain music, but not all?

The reason that certain music and music videos are not offered in our DRM-free, highest quality audio format is because they have not been provided in iTunes Plus format from the music label.

I know that is kind of like Kroger saying "the reason some of our vegetables are rotten is because our suppliers did not provide high-quality vegetables," but iiwii.

However, this being 2014, there is no reason that you should spend good money and get protected song files. I suggest that you contact iTunes Customer Service and request a refund.

downloading purchased album tracks that are protected aac audio files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.