Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac not turning on after PCIe attempt.

Hello, I'm looking for some helpful tips, I tried to put a USB 3 PCIe card into my iMac and when I started it up I got no display.

I figured perhaps my iMac didn't support the card and took it out, still no display. Then I thought maybe I blew my display card because I didn't see

the fan moving (fan on the display card) so I switched that out with one that I was 100% worked and still no display.

When I press the power button I hear it booting up and then I hear the fan and the white light in front stays on but I get no chime and no display, I tried using VGA and DVI, I checked that everything is connected, I don't know what else to do and I need to work on a project for my boss asap, any suggestions? Please and much thanks in advance to whoever answers.

PowerMac

Posted on Sep 3, 2014 3:46 PM

10 replies

Sep 4, 2014 11:36 AM in response to a brody

I'm thinking the drivers must be intel only and I didn't know until after installation. I wanted to use usb 3 for faster file transfers to my usb 3 portable drive. I don't think the problem has to do with wifi and Like I said before I took the card out and even changed the display card but i'm still not getting any response. And I don't think it's power issue because the fan starts up on the Display card.

iMac not turning on after PCIe attempt.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.