Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

importing smart album to iphone via itunes

Hi,

I created a smart album in iPhoto of all my phone photos in the last 2 years. I now want to import this to my iPhone using iTunes. In iPhoto, that album contains about 950 photos, but when I go to photos in iTunes and select the smart album i created, the number is much lower: about 450.. I tried importing it anyway but most of the pictures are missing in the phone.

only workaround I've found is deleting all the pictures in the iPhoto library and re adding them, but surely this can't be the solution, as i often sync my phone and i don't want to be doing this all the time.

any clues?

]

thank you

damiano

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), 27in late 2012

Posted on Sep 4, 2014 12:04 AM

1 reply

Sep 4, 2014 12:16 AM in response to damianomigani

There may be a problem with the iPod Photo Cache folder in your iPhoto Library. If your library contains such a folder, quit iPhoto and iTunes and delete the iPod Photo Cache folder as described in this document:

iTunes: Understanding the iPod Photo Cache folder http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1314

If there is no iPod Photo Cache, or the problem persists, repair your iPhoto Library with the First Aid Tools.

• Launch iPhoto with the key combination⌥⌘ (alt/option-command) held down.
  • Keep holding down both the keys, until the "Library First Aid" panel opens.
  • Select first "Repair permissions" from the panel and let iPhoto repair the permissions.
  • Repeat the step with "Repair database" selected.

importing smart album to iphone via itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.