Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can only get my MacBook pro to work when I unhook the hard drive and don't have the startup DVD for disk utility what should I do

I have a late 2009 MacBook pro and when it powers on it only has white screen no apple logo. The only way it will boot up is if I remove the hard drive. Anyone know how to fix this since I cannot find the original startup disk that came with it

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 4, 2014 9:39 AM

2 replies

Sep 4, 2014 10:23 AM in response to Laziboi

If the HDD will boot the MBP externally and not when installed inside the MBP, usually indicates a bad internal connection. Usually a new SATA cable will solve the problem.

I would urge you to contact Apple Customer Support and get replacement installation disks. They will need to know the serial number of the MBP (which is on the bottom) and there is a charge.

Ciao.

can only get my MacBook pro to work when I unhook the hard drive and don't have the startup DVD for disk utility what should I do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.