Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an IMac with Windows 7 Ultimate and I want to install Imac sistem operation

How can i backup my Imac operation sistem, i dont like windows anymore!
thank you kind

Posted on Sep 4, 2014 6:29 AM

5 replies

Sep 4, 2014 7:58 AM in response to SeaPapp

Thank you for replying Mike.

Well practicaly its not my iMac so i dont know what kind of iMac, how can i find out?

He installed windows on his Imac and now he doesnt want anymore to use Windows system operation.

He want to install the normal system operation for IMac.

To restore through Apple's servers? How.. ?

Doesnt have any discs to install.

Thank you for your time

Sep 4, 2014 9:19 AM in response to Doru Marshall

It appears that your iMac shipped with OS X 10.6.6 which came on disc. If you have the original grey discs put disc 1 into the superdrive and restart while holding the C key. Choose your language and at the next screen from the menu bar select Disk Utility. Erase and reformat the hard drive and be sure to select Mac OS extended journaled and for the format select GUID partition scheme. Quit Disk Utility and go back to the installer screen and install OS X. Whenit's done run software update to get to 10.6.8 then access the Mac App Store and you can upgrade to Mavericks if you choose.

If you don't have the discs you can use Internet Recovery IF the firmware was upgraded to allow it before someone erased the Mac partition and installed windows. If the firmware wasn't upgraded you'll need to contact Apple and get a set of original install discs.

I have an IMac with Windows 7 Ultimate and I want to install Imac sistem operation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.