Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just bought a new samsung 22" monitor and after talking to them found out it needs higher resolution then displayed in my settings,text resolution is bad. do I take back or can this be fixed?

I just bought a new Samsung 22" monitor. The text resolution is really bad. After talking to Samsung, I found that the needed resolution is higher then what my Mini-Mac shows available. Can this be fixed or do I return the monitor?

Mac mini

Posted on Sep 4, 2014 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2014 12:36 PM

Return the display, you cannot change the resolution beyond what is available in System Preferences.

16 replies

Sep 5, 2014 5:45 AM in response to moke1556

Let's try again...

my cable goes from the "Thunderball" port on my mini with an adaptor to convert it to the regular cable

You mean the Thunderbolt port.

1. What Mac mini do you have? Apple menu > About This Mac.
  2. What Samsung monitor do you have?
  3. What cables are you using?
  4. Have you tried holding Option and click the Scaled resolutions button in System prefs > Displays?

Sep 5, 2014 7:08 AM in response to lllaass

before we go any further; I should have stated that my computer knowledge is EXTREMELY limited and many of the terms being thrown at me are completely baffeling. My monitor is Samsung model :S22D300 and is connected to my computer with the D-SUB cable supplied with that model connected thru an Apple adaptor identified by the characters:PC,some symbol with an X thru it,check mark in a circle,CE,ending with the letter v and what looks like the copywright symbol both enclosed within a tv screen shaped box. Hopefully this can help.

I just bought a new samsung 22" monitor and after talking to them found out it needs higher resolution then displayed in my settings,text resolution is bad. do I take back or can this be fixed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.