Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync Outlook Calendar to iPhone

I have an iPhone 5s and I am trying to sync with Outlook (Office 365). I have an iCloud address. Using Windows 8.1

I established iCloud in Outlook - but syncing only works when I have my iPhone connected by cable to the computer. And - syncing only works when I input a new calendar entry - - syncing does not work over wifi. Also, syncing with a cable will not pick up entries made when not connected - only new entries while connected. Sync will not pick up updates - only new entries.

Am I missing some setting or other solution?

Or is syncing Outlook Calendar to my iPhone limited to new calendar entries only when connected to the computer?

Thanks for your help.

iPhone 5

Posted on Sep 4, 2014 2:38 PM

4 replies

Sep 6, 2014 8:02 AM in response to maggiearms

Hello maggiearms

Well for iCloud calendars those should be syncing regardless of being plugged in or not. If you are having issues with that, check out the first article below for issues with syncing calendars with iCloud. If you are not using iCloud for your calendar syncing, then the second article should help you out to get it working.

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Calendar

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3999

Troubleshooting Sync Services on Windows with Microsoft Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007, or Outlook 2010

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2776

Regards,

-Norm G.

Sep 6, 2014 11:57 AM in response to norm123

Hi Norm - thanks for your help.

I'm looking through the articles and I am stumped at a step -

Open a secure website to test if ports 80 and 443 are accessible. Outlook requires port 443 access to iCloud to push and fetch updates to and from the iCloud Calendar servers.

I have not clue how to do this. Any suggestions? My computer is a PC - Windows 8.1.

Feb 16, 2015 1:32 PM in response to maggiearms

Thank you Break 150.

Your solution saved me from the insanity caused by the upgrade to iTunes 11.1.4.

In case anyone did not resolve their issue:

Use the control panel to uninstall iTunes and related software components in the following order and restart your computer.

1 iTunes

2. Apple Software Updates

3. Apple Mobile Device Support

4. Bonjour

5. Apple Application Support(ITunes 9 or later)

Remember to restart after uninstall

Google: ITunes 11.1.3(I found it on www.filehippo.com), download, install and make sure to UN-CLICK Automatically Update ITunes. YOU DO NOT WANT TO INSTALL THE NEW VERSIONS UNLESS APPLE FIXES THIS ISSUE WITH OUTLOOK.

I also ran into an error message that said cannot proceed because iTunesLibrary.itl was a newer version. Probable something that did not uninstall. Go to Programs/iTunes and search for this file and delete, this should fix this issue.

I am up and running again and syncing my i Phone 5 with Outlook thru ITunes 11.1.3 after 3 hours of messing around with this. I will not me updating iTunes for a while.

Thank you Apple Community!!!

Sync Outlook Calendar to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.