Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't enroll iOS device to profile manager

We have setup a apple server running 10.9 and mavericks server app. The server is joined to an active directory domain, which handles all user authentication, dns, dhcp, ect. Profile manager is setup and I can enroll iMac's and MacBooks without issue via the xxxx.mydomain.com/mydevices site. When we try to enroll an iPad or iPhone while logging into the my devices website using an AD account, we can get to the site, we can install the trust and remote profiles, both show installed on the iOS device, no errors happen during the install, however on the my devices page after enrolling, the iPad and iPhone never update, they continue to show the enroll option, they never communicate their details to the server and profile manager. The task shows up in profile manager that a new device enrolled but sits at pending and in devices a new generic device shows up with the user's AD name who registered it, but no device details appear, no serial number ect. So We can get to the server, open the my devices site, login with AD, but once we enroll there is basically no communication between the server/profile manager and the iOS device.

HELP!!! We are stuck!!

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Sep 4, 2014 3:03 PM

10 replies

Nov 10, 2014 9:18 AM in response to TRNSupport

We are having the same issue except we cannot enroll new Macs, they just show up as "Placeholders". However there are a select few Macs that do enroll fine. We have port 5223 being blocked and I know that everyone is to allow those ports to be opened, but if some of the Macs enroll fine and others don't and port 5223 is blocked then how can this be a port issue? Obviously if some of them enroll ok it has nothing to do with Apples APN server. Im not sure why they are showing up as placeholders though.

Nov 13, 2014 12:47 AM in response to cpreasbeck

If the firewall blocks traffic from the internet to your server, you can not log this with Wireshark on your server. You have to check the firewall logs too. If nothing helps reconfigure your firewalls for testing.

If some devices enroll fine, search for differences at the network settings, dns, proxy etc. If you use a active directory check the Trust-Levels, access rights etc.

Can't enroll iOS device to profile manager

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.