Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any file I try to download on my Mac I cannot seem to find or even know if it is downloading. The Downloads box pops up, but nothing pops up in queue. Also, on bottom of screen where all my tools/folders are, my Download folder is missing.

Any file I try to download on my Mac I cannot seem to find or even know if it is downloading. The Downloads box pops up, but nothing pops up in queue. Also, on bottom of screen where all my tools/folders are, my Download folder is missing.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 4, 2014 6:41 PM

2 replies

Sep 4, 2014 6:53 PM in response to Bruneros

Open the Finder. Then drag the Downloads folder from the Finder Sidebar to the right side of the Dock vertical separate bar and left of the Trash icon.

If you don't see Downloads in the Finder Sidebar, withe the Finder open press Command , (comma) to open Finder Preferences then select the Sidebar tab.

Select: Downloads

The actual Downloads folder still remains in the Finder Sidebar, but you can access the same content from the Dock.

When you have problems finding content on your Mac, use Spotlight

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.