Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I activate showtime anytime on Apple TV?

When I go to play an episode on Showtime anytime on the AppleTV, it asks what provider I have. I select Verizon FIOS and then it gives me a message that says

"3. A success message will appear here and you can begin using Showtime anytime."
Activation code: XXXXX

It seems as though there should be a step 1 and 2 and somehow it skipping straight to step 3.

What it doesn't say is where I am to put this code. Does anyone know?

Posted on Sep 4, 2014 7:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2017 3:52 PM

I am trying to use Showtime Anytime on my apple tv but I dont even see the app to use it. I thought it was available on apple tv???? Can someone please tell me how to get showtime anytime on my apple tv?

16 replies

Sep 4, 2014 7:51 PM in response to cole thompson

You must create an account on the Showtime Anytime website and enter the code there. Before that can happen you must be a Showtime subscriber on your cable or satellite provider and that provider must be a participant in the program. For example, Dish Network is NOT a participant at this time. Go to Showtime’s website, create your account and select your provider IF it is listed.

http://www.showtimeanytime.com/#/activate

Oct 4, 2014 6:59 AM in response to cole thompson

We went through this last night. When we attempted to watch content via the Showtime Anytime app on our Apple TV, we were given an activation code and instructed to enter the code at www.showtimeanytime.com/activate. So we got on our iMac and opened a browser and went to that website. Then were asked to select our cable provider and login to our account. We did that, and there was nowhere to enter the activation code. We were completely confused.

We then tried to activate this on an iPhone and the login wouldn't work, we received an error message.

As a last resort, we got our iPad and downloaded the app and we logged in with our provider information. Then FINALLY a pop up came up on the iPad that didn't come up on Mozilla, Safari or the iPhone to create a Showtime Anytime account. Once this happened, the spot for the activation code appeared.

Oct 20, 2014 2:55 PM in response to bjornstam214

So I'm having a slightly different problem trying to activate my Showtime Anytime account on my Apple TV. I am a Showtime subscriber and I have created an account on their website; however, when I go to activate my Apple TV my TV seems to cut off right below the words "Activation Code", so I cannot see the actual code. I realize this might be an issue with my TV, but all the other apps (HBOgo, etc.) all displayed codes. I tried changing the display/aspect ration on my TV just to get the code, but no luck.

Does anyone know if there is another way to get my code from either Apple, my cable provider, or elsewhere?

Thanks!

Jan 1, 2015 5:10 PM in response to beatman444

I had the same problem. Showtime support provided the following:

For the Showtime Anytime activation code to properly display on your Apple TV,

you will want to make sure you are using an HDMI cable, with your Apple TV

resolution set to "Auto". To change the resolution on your Apple TV, go to

Settings---> Audio/Video--> TV Resolution, and select "Auto".

Actually, a new screen came up with the code in very large letters/numbers. The first time I did not have the Showtime site pulled up to copy the code, so by the time I entered it, a message said the code was invalid/expired. I followed the instructions a second time and had success. Since my son gave Appletv plus the installation as a gift, I don't know if I have the cable or not.

Jan 19, 2015 12:14 PM in response to bjornstam214

Assuming you you have Showtime added to your current tv subscription...

I found that I am having a similar issue. Here is what is missing from the details of activation:

wwhen the web browser instruts you to open a iOS device to complete your activation you must download the app first. Secondly, enter the pertinent information to activate the app. Once you've have success within the app and can use the content open the settings on the app (top left corner, gear icon). Under "Devices" select "activate device" then proceed to select ACTIVATE APPLE TV. Plug in the alphanumeric characters on the tv screen give it 5 seconds and viola!

Once your television comes to life with content you will notice that your phone loses the connection, I suspect there are no concurrent connections.

Feb 17, 2015 5:42 PM in response to cole thompson

The problem I am having is a bit different. My cable company offers Showtime Anytime and HBOgo and I can register for them and log in on the MAC Book, the ipad, the iphone, but when I try to set it up on my AppleTV, my cable company (Charter) does not show up on the list of available providers.

Does Apple only allow some providers to work on Apple TV?

Any advice?

May 28, 2015 9:27 PM in response to Betty Belle

I tried all different resolutions on my Apple TV, including auto and restarted my Apple TV multiple times... the activation info is still in the lower left hand corner of my screen with the activation code completely cut off... Could my TV just be too old to support it?

This never happened when I activated my HBOgo on my Apple TV... what the heck Showtime!

How do I activate showtime anytime on Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.