Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iTunes Connect - Invalid Binary

On the new iTunes Connect I have tried to put through an App Update but after submission the binary got rejected. There is no link to the review centre so I can see exactly what is wrong with my binary so a bit lost in the dark. Anybody got any ideas?

Posted on Sep 5, 2014 8:50 AM

7 replies

Sep 5, 2014 4:59 PM in response to Cookie Cookson

i have the same issue. binary gets validated and submits successfully. submit for review and after a while, and without notice, it moves to "Invalid Binary." Looking at the details under "Prerelease" is not helpful. There is no indication, other than a yellow triangle icon with a ! in it, as to why it is invalid. It even lists the "Binary State" as validated. I did notice the file size is only at 5.70 MB when it should be much larger. It submitted through XCode successfully, but given the file size, I figured maybe there was an error during upload. So I uploaded again...

Side Note: had to increment the build version because there is no way to reject the invalid binary.

After uploading again without errors I submitted the app for review. It was in the waiting for review state again, and again without notice it moved to invalid binary state. Again the file size was 5.70 MB. Exact same errors and file sizes for a completely different app I tried to submit. This is incredibly frustrating. Glad they decided to "upgrade" iTunes Connect in time for Friday!

Sep 8, 2014 4:16 AM in response to dkardell

I managed to get around this error in the end. I still get the yellow triangle in the iTunes Connect portal, this might be something to do with it not being iOS 8. What happened for me was I was providing an update to the existing App with a new code base and forgot to match the product name in the config. This was me clutching at straws however and didn't have any guidance from iTunes Connect or xCode.

Sep 8, 2014 6:31 AM in response to Cookie Cookson

I'm getting the same issue as well.

My binary passed in Application Loader and in iTunes Connect in details it say Binary Status = validated.

In my case, my product name match with the app name in iTunes Connect. So, i just submitted again the same binary. Now, my app is under "Waiting for review".

But, I didn't received any email from apple saying that my apple was a reject binary.

Let's see if i get some e-mail or another explain if my app get reject again.

Sep 12, 2014 8:29 AM in response to crowdly

I'm having the exact same issues as you do. I get the small yellow triangle near the build, the icon doesn't appear (it seems to be blank) and the size is way off (it should be about 42MB and it shows 7.2MB). I have submitted the app to review and as yet (2 hours) did not receive any email/errors of any kind. However, this is really really strange. Forgot to mention that it's a new Mac app.

Did you solve your issue? If so, do you have any hints or suggestions on how to do it?

Thanks

L.E. icon appeared after 2 hours, but only in the "My Apps" view (where all the apps are listed), it does not appear anywhere else in the app section itself.

New iTunes Connect - Invalid Binary

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.