Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

onscreen keyboard does not work in logic pro x

onscreen keyboard has stopped working in logic pro x - latest version.

There is no indication of midi in or out on control bar when keys pressed.

also, certain keys do register do not trigger from outboard keyboard instrument.

when playing back tracks, the relevant keys auto depress on the onscreen keypad.

audio output is fine on the system. all keys on piano roll keyboard work fine.

The onscreen keyboard works fine in garageband

have reset all midi assignments in prefs.

have reinstalled the program but the issue remains

silvejon

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Sep 5, 2014 9:18 AM

3 replies

Sep 5, 2014 1:33 PM in response to silvejon

You have either installed a midi controller that is over riding things or you are running an iOS App that is interfering....

Turn off all iOS devices to test for iOS App

Delete CS prefs to test for conflicting Midi Controller issues...

Delete the user preferences

You can resolve many issues by restoring Logic Pro X back to its original settings. This will not impact your media files. To reset your Logic Pro X user preference settings to their original state, do the following:

1. In the Finder, choose Go to Folder from the Go menu.
  2. Type ~/Library/Preferences in the "Go to the folder" field.
  3. Press the Go button.
  4. Remove the com.apple.logic10.plist file from the Preferences folder. Note that if you have programmed any custom key commands, this will reset them to the defaults. You may wish to export your custom key command as a preset before performing this step. See the Logic Pro X User Manual for details on how to do this. If you are having trouble with a control surface in Logic Pro X, then you may also wish to delete the com.apple.logic.pro.cs file from the preferences folder.
  5. If you have upgraded from an earlier version of Logic Pro, you should also remove ~/Library/Preferences/Logic/com.apple.logic.pro.
  6. Restart the computer.

Sep 6, 2014 12:18 PM in response to The Art Of Sound

thanks for this response. i tried all you said, but without success, unloading many applications and deleting loads of pref files etc....

but i do have a resolution!! the culprit was the Voiceover Application - which i had enabled for lazy typing alternative. once i switched it off, the onscreen keyboard performed fine, as did the outboard devices.

Again, thanks for your help, and i hope this answer saves someone else 6 hrs of annoying testing!

onscreen keyboard does not work in logic pro x

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.