Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 screen keeps randomly locking?

My iphone 5 keeps randomly locking, and even prompts to turn itself off. When hovering my finger over the lock screen button, it does the exactly the same thing.. without even touching it. However, the button works! It clicks when pressed so its not an issue with the actual button.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Sep 5, 2014 12:00 PM

3 replies

Sep 7, 2014 6:28 AM in response to elizabethfromwalthamstow

Hi Elizabeth,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like there is an issue with the Sleep/Wake button on your iPhone. If you're using a case with the iPhone, test the button without the case to rule it out as a possible cause of the issue. If you aren't using a case with the iPhone or you believe the issue isn't caused by the case, try the suggestions in the article below.

iPhone: Hardware troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2802

Sleep/Wake button won't lock or unlock iPhone

1. To lock the phone, press the Sleep/Wake button. Note: By default, if you don't touch the screen for a minute, iPhone locks automatically.
  2. To unlock iPhone, press the Home button or the Sleep/Wake button, then slide the slider.
  3. If either of the above steps don't work, try turning iPhone off and then on again.
  4. If the iPhone will not power off, reset it.
  5. Try to lock or unlock the phone.

Issue not resolved

My issue is still not resolved. What do I do next?

Contact Apple Support.

I hope this helps.

-Jason

iphone 5 screen keeps randomly locking?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.