Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hp printer drivers that work with 10.9.4

I had a new hard drive installed on my iMac with OSX 10.9.4. It then would not print to either the HP psc 2510xi Photosmart (USB cable) or the networked HP Officejet 7000, both of which had worked with 10.9.2. I downloaded new drivers from HP and Apple: HP Printer Drivers v.2.26.1 for OSX. When I try to Add a printer I get the message: Can't install software because it is not currently available from the Software Update server. HP support labeled my Photosmart obsolete and sold me an Officejet Pro 8100. Same problem even though it came with a CD with printer drivers. Same messages.

Posted on Sep 5, 2014 1:30 PM

4 replies

Sep 5, 2014 1:44 PM in response to jrshough

Are you aware of this document and how drivers are "normally" installed now? OS X keeps an index of where to find drivers (online or already installed), and uses whichever appropriate.

OS X: Printer and scanner software available for download

If OS X can't find drivers (that are in this list), you can force it to re-index by doing a Reset of Printing System:

OS X Mavericks: Reset the printing system

PSC 2500 series - supported

Officejet 7000 e809a - supported

Officejet Pro 8100 - supported

PS - Drivers on CDs are "nearly" always obsolete by the time you get the printer. But you may want the software other than driver.

Oct 7, 2014 9:29 AM in response to jrshough

I have the same problem. After multiple tries on the last printer for my Macbook pro OSX 10.9.4, I had to return the printer. This time I decided to do due diligence. The bottom line seems to be that this computer will not print. It seems I may have to give up. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. This search is extremely time consuming. HELP!!

Marilyn Joan

hp printer drivers that work with 10.9.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.