Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Macbook Air connects to ATV at home but not at work

My Macbook Air connects at home over a Time Machine network to my apple tv just fine (including airplay); when at work on a non-apple wifi network both computer and apple tv connect but cannot see each other. As I would like to stream video to the work ATV via airplay, this is a problem... Any ideas?

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Sep 5, 2014 3:36 PM

2 replies

Sep 7, 2014 6:48 AM in response to Allan Robinson

Hello Allan Robinson,

After reviewing your post, I have located an article that can help in this situation. It contains a number of troubleshooting steps and helpful advice concerning AirPlay:

iOS: Troubleshooting AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4215

Try the following suggestions:

• Ensure that other devices are not trying to stream to the same Apple TV at the same time.
  • Ensure that your Wi-Fi router is set up with the recommended settings for the best performance.
  • Certain external devices, such as microwave ovens and baby monitors, may interfere with a Wi-Fi network. Try moving or disabling these devices.
  • If possible, try to locate your Wi-Fi router in the same room as your iOS device and Apple TV.
  • If your wireless and wired networks are the same, try connecting your Apple TV to the router via Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi.
  • If the Wi-Fi router has an external antenna, check to see that is it connected properly and in good condition.
  • Use the Wi-Fi network troubleshooting guide to resolve interference and other issues.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

BobbyD

My Macbook Air connects to ATV at home but not at work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.