Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes stop working

Since upgrading to new apple ITunes in August 2014 for Windows 7, it always crashes when updating podcast in list mode. I get the Windows message ITunes has stop working. I thought this version was going to fix the problems in list modes but instead has make list mode useable when using the upgrade button. I have no problems in updating my podcast in any other modes so this is not much of a problem and I'm sure Apple probably will get this fix with this month update unless they are totally unaware of it. This message is too make sure Apple is aware of it.

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Sep 5, 2014 11:07 PM

1 reply

Sep 8, 2014 12:07 PM in response to jamesfrombartow

Hey there James,

It sounds like your iTunes application is becoming unresponsive when your podcasts are updating in the list view. I would use the troubleshooting in the following article to help you get that resolved, named:

iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8: Fix unexpected quits or launch issues

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1717

Start with this step, and work your way through the article as needed:

Start iTunes in Safe Mode

Open iTunes in Safe Mode to isolate any interference from plug-ins or scripts not manufactured by Apple.

1. Hold down Shift–Control while opening iTunes. You should see a dialog that says "iTunes is running in safe mode" before iTunes finishes starting up.
  2. Click Continue.
  3. See if the issue you're experiencing persists in Safe Mode.

If you have the same issue while iTunes is in Safe Mode, proceed to the "Create a new user account" section. If you don't experience the same issue, follow these steps to remove third-party plug-ins.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

itunes stop working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.