Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunesConnect error "You must choose a build."

I have an app in 'Waiting for Review' and was going to update my meta data for multiple languages...

Since the new iTunes Connect- I am getting a "You must choose a build." error every time I attempt to update the description and save...

I cannot find anyway to 'choose a build' so I am having difficulty saving any changes. Please advise.

Posted on Sep 6, 2014 10:08 AM

14 replies

Sep 6, 2014 1:24 PM in response to bejamin

Yes I am having this same issue but refreshing the page does not help. I am also stuck this is I think some how same error in the apple website as in the game center achievement tab when you try to delete an achievement it wont give any option because the padding of that table in the website hides the delete button. Maybe its same I don't know. I hope apple fix the issues with their website.

Sep 8, 2014 8:38 AM in response to bejamin

After you upload from Xcode, you will see it in the Prerelease tab, you will also notice at first it is in a Processing status and the help note says "After builds are uploaded they will go through a processing status before they can be used." I think you have to wait for that to finish processing before you can submit it for review.

Sep 8, 2014 2:14 PM in response to bejamin

I'm having the exact same issue. I cannot submit the App (which is a new step) because of the message "You must choose a build". ! have refreshed. Since after uploading from Xcode / Autoloader I no longer get an email mail stating Uploaded and waiting for review, I went to the site to find this new button and the mess of confusion. Apple needs to completely simplify and FIX! When does the 2 week service level for a review start?

While these new screen are pretty this new upload process is lacking!! Uploading binaries and the correct binary version is critical and why the previous version made since. It forced developers to be careful. I have a couple of beginner developers, and now I'm going to have to monitor every step of the production implementation process.

I looked into prerelease and I have 2 uploads in there, because I thought I was doing something wrong. I liked the old way that forced you to delete a binary before accepting a new one. Also I haven't found a delete function under Prerelease. Maybe Apple needs real beta-testers of these tools and not insiders!

This needs to be fixed ASAP!

Sep 10, 2014 12:39 PM in response to bejamin

I had the same issue and figured it out.

The way the new system works is that you submit a build via xcode or loader, then it goes into a "processing" status. You can see the build status under "prerelease" but not in the main page for some reason.

It takes a few minutes, but then the "processing" status goes away and you can add your build with the little + near the build section in the middle of the page.

Why they did it this way? who knows...

I guess it's just another new thing to get used to.

Sep 12, 2014 7:10 AM in response to bejamin

My iOS game App got rejected stating "Metadata Rejected".

Resolution centre states that if "If your iTunes Connect Application State is Metadata Rejected, we do NOT require a new binary".

I have corrected the metadata and now wish to re-submit it for review. However when I try to submit it for review, it states "You must choose a build". There is no option any where to choose my existing build for review. I have tried PC and MAC machines all browsers (IE, Chrome, Safari etc.). In none of the browsers I see option to choose existing build. There is no Plus sign in front of Build.

I do not want re-upload my binary because if I do so it will go for fresh 8 days review process.

Please help.

iTunesConnect error "You must choose a build."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.