Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air EFI 2.9.1 Firmware update not installing

I've been having an issue trying to install the recent MacBook Air EFI Firmware update version 2.9.1. I have attempted the following:

- Installing update via the App Store

- Installing update via Software Downloads from Apple website

- Verifying boot drive using Disk Utility and fixing and partition errors, as well as checking and fixing any permission errors.

I would greatly appreciate any help on this issue, as I've spent many hours researching and troubleshooting this issue to no avail.

I would really like to hear from anyone at Apple technical support.

I've attached a screenshot of the many attempts I've made in trying to install this update. I've also attached a screenshot of my "About This Mac" window.

User uploaded file

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Sep 6, 2014 1:07 PM

3 replies

Sep 6, 2014 3:58 PM in response to mnasr87

See the fourteen points and especially pay attention to the note under "Quit all open applications ..." in this article:

About EFI firmware updates

If this doesn't solve it, then go to About This Mac then More Info as you did to generate the second screen shot above. Then click "System Report" in the lower left, then inspect the "Boot ROM Version".

If the EFI update was applied correctly, the result would be MBA41.0077.B11

MacBook Air EFI 2.9.1 Firmware update not installing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.