Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts in Itunes won't update

Hi guys

I'm having real problems tonight refreshing podcasts. When I click on the icon on the podcast page to update all the podcast, the icon spins a little but then nothing happens. Even if you go to a single podcast and right click refresh podcast again nothing happens. Usually each one would refresh itself for a new show. I've tried this on my Imac and Macbook pro and the same problem. But if I log out of my account it does refresh. Itunes for me tonight has been very odd.

Cheers

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Sep 6, 2014 7:47 PM

2 replies

Nov 7, 2014 1:29 PM in response to NICK_BD

Hi,

Not sure if you are still having the issue and my problem was slightly different.

I get unsubscribed from podcasts a lot because I don't listen often enough. Within the iTunes client, I had re-subscribed and then kept pushing the refresh buttons (both the one for each podcast and the global button...took me forever to find that new global button location). Nothing would happen. I'd still the old podcast episodes.

So, I went to iTunes and re-subscribed with the button that says "subscribe". Then the refresh buttons seemed to work.

My experience has been that the latest version of iTunes changed things quite a bit...just adjusting to the new interface took quite a bit of time.

K

Podcasts in Itunes won't update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.