Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 6.2 will not recognize Home Sharing

I am at my wits end with this.

I had my Apple TV happily using Home Sharing for nearly a year. I moved a few months ago and have been struggling ever since to get it working again.

I have followed all of the troubleshooting steps available online and it's still not working. As of now I have done the following:

-Disabled and re-enabled home sharing on both my Mac and Apple TV

-Rebooted the Mac after disabling home sharing, power cycled Apple TV. Once both were powered on again and home sharing reenabled both devices failed at home sharing.

-I have had my wireless router's channel changed to 9.

-I have done a full restore on the Apple TV.

Apple itself offered to help for a fee of $65 which is ridiculous to say the least. If anyone has any ideas on how to get these ****** things working again please let me know, I'm ready to sell the thing and replace it with Roku. Seems that "it just works" isn't really the case anymore.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Sep 6, 2014 9:44 PM

1 reply

Sep 7, 2014 1:13 AM in response to alhooter

connect both to the router by ethernet cable to rule out a network issue

if it works then you will be much wiser as to the core of your issue

the ports required for shared lib has to be allowed in your router setup and on your mac's firewall

Well known TCP and UDP ports used by Apple software products

home sharing has to be turned on in iTunes on the computer

Apple TV 6.2 will not recognize Home Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.