Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I sync my Iphone, it only shows others on the bar below and wouldn't sync my music, anyone can help me out?

When I sync my Iphone, the bar in itunes only shows others instead of how many bytes my photos, audio and etc have. I can't sync my music either. Can someone help me out?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Sep 7, 2014 8:18 AM

1 reply

Sep 9, 2014 7:19 AM in response to m_seh

Hello there, m_seh.

Although the title may not seem to address your issue, the following Knowledge Base article provides some good information on orphaned files and how to troubleshoot your issue:

iOS: "Not enough free space" alert when trying to sync

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1503

1. Turn off the music or photo sync option in iTunes for the device.
  2. Click Apply to sync the changes to the device.
  3. Turn the music and photo sync options for the device on again.
  4. Click Apply again to try to sync the device to iTunes.
    If the 'Not enough free space' alert appears, continue to step 5.
  5. Turn off the automatic syncing functions for the iOS device. To do this:
    1. Select the iOS device from the iTunes window and click the Summary tab.
    2. Deselect "Automatically sync when this device is connected" and select the "Sync only checked songs and videos" checkbox.
    3. Click Apply to sync the changes to the device.
    4. Reduce the amount of data that is being synced to the device and resync the device. For example, if syncing your Music library exceeds the memory capacity of the device, choose "Selected playlists" to transfer rather than "All songs and playlists" under the Music tab in iTunes.
      If the 'Not enough free space' alert appears, continue to step 6.
  6. Restore using iTunes.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

When I sync my Iphone, it only shows others on the bar below and wouldn't sync my music, anyone can help me out?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.