Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I restored my iphone to its factory settings but now when i trie to connect it with Itunes (i have windows xp service pack2) it gives me the error named 0xE0000084?

So what sould i do anyone has the same issue ?

Posted on Sep 7, 2014 7:40 AM

1 reply

Sep 9, 2014 6:15 AM in response to Problemmaker

Hey there Problemmaker,

It sounds like you are getting this error when you connect your phone to your computer using Windows XP with SP 2. I would recommend that you use the troubleshooting from the following article, named:

iOS: Unknown error containing '0xE' when connecting to a Windows PC

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3221

Start with these steps, and continue with troubleshooting in the article if you need it:

1. Restart your computer.
  2. Install the latest version of iTunes.
  3. Verify that your computer meets the minimum system requirements. iOS devices require the following minimum version of Windows:
    • Windows XP Service Pack 3
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows 7
    • Windows 8
  4. Download and install any available software updates from Microsoft.
  5. Connect the device directly to your computer; not to an external USB hub. Find out if your computer has USB 2.0 ports.
  6. Check that the Dock Connector or Lightning Connector on both the device and cable are clean of any lint or other debris. If possible, connect your device using a different Apple 30-pin to USB cable or Apple Lightning Connector to USB cable.
  7. Disconnect other USB peripherals from your computer, with the exception of your keyboard and mouse. After disconnecting these peripherals, restart your computer, connect your device, and open iTunes.
  8. Connect your device to a different USB port on your computer.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

I restored my iphone to its factory settings but now when i trie to connect it with Itunes (i have windows xp service pack2) it gives me the error named 0xE0000084?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.