Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello, can I still play Garageband 9 projects/loops in Garageband 10, and how? Thank you

Hello,

Can I still play GarageBand 9 projects/loops in GarageBand 10, and how?

Do I need to re-install iLife11 to be able to play GarageBand 9 projects/loops in 11?

Thanks in advance

iMac, Version 10.9.4

Posted on Sep 7, 2014 1:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2014 1:16 PM

GarageBand 10 needs the loops and instruments from Garageband ´09 or ´11 installed to be able to play the older projects with all sounds. Otherwise instruments and loops may be missing. If you uninstalled GarageBand completely, reinstall iLife '11 to be able to use the older instruments and loops in GarageBand 10. before you install GarageBand 10.0.

GarageBand 10. comes only with a basic set of instruments and needs to be expanded by an in-app purchase. If you have GarageBAnd '11 installed, you should be able to get the in-app purchase for free. Expanding GarageBand for Mac (v10.0) content with an in-app purchase

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2014 1:16 PM in response to etcætera...

GarageBand 10 needs the loops and instruments from Garageband ´09 or ´11 installed to be able to play the older projects with all sounds. Otherwise instruments and loops may be missing. If you uninstalled GarageBand completely, reinstall iLife '11 to be able to use the older instruments and loops in GarageBand 10. before you install GarageBand 10.0.

GarageBand 10. comes only with a basic set of instruments and needs to be expanded by an in-app purchase. If you have GarageBAnd '11 installed, you should be able to get the in-app purchase for free. Expanding GarageBand for Mac (v10.0) content with an in-app purchase

Hello, can I still play Garageband 9 projects/loops in Garageband 10, and how? Thank you

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.