Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I scan a document using an epson printer onto my mac

I can I scan a document using onto my computer using the Epson Stylus NX430 printer.

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), I can't seem to scan a document

Posted on Sep 7, 2014 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2014 1:51 PM

The printer must also have a built in scanner ...

You can use the Image Capture app in your Applications folder for scanning.

Connect the printer /scanner to your Mac whether Wi-Fi or USB.

Click the very small black box bottom left side of the Image Capture window.

You'll see this pop up menu: Connecting this (device) opens:

You can select a default app to scan (Image Capture) and select a folder from the Import To pop up menu on the right to save scanned files to.

More help here > Mac Basics: Using a scanner

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2014 1:51 PM in response to Tiapattyat227

The printer must also have a built in scanner ...

You can use the Image Capture app in your Applications folder for scanning.

Connect the printer /scanner to your Mac whether Wi-Fi or USB.

Click the very small black box bottom left side of the Image Capture window.

You'll see this pop up menu: Connecting this (device) opens:

You can select a default app to scan (Image Capture) and select a folder from the Import To pop up menu on the right to save scanned files to.

More help here > Mac Basics: Using a scanner

Sep 7, 2014 2:27 PM in response to Tiapattyat227

Thank you, thank you and thank you very much for your help Carolyn Samit. It is working now!.

When I first connected my epson printer, a few months ago, it seem like all I had to do was find the printer and indicate scan, and the items were instantly scanned. I was able to do that about 3-4 times. Now it appears to be more complicated and a more drawn-out process. However, I am very grateful for your support. I can now complete the project.

Apr 6, 2016 2:38 AM in response to Tiapattyat227

It MAY be, my friend, that he installation CD that came with your Epson SX-200 All-in-One Printer doesn't have Windows 7 (64-bit) drivers on it.

Did you make sure that you had your All-in-One Printer unplugged from the USB port before installing the software? The installation process tells you when to connect the device.

Unfortunately, if you didn't follow this procedure, you'll need to uninstall all the Epson related software from your computer, reboot, then start again.

Source(s):

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20121021220052AADbWY0

How do I scan a document using an epson printer onto my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.