Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 10.0.5 not responding when opened

Hey i can no longer open my iMovie 10.0.5, I've already tried the tip of deleting my ~/library/preferences/ and letting it reboot the iMovie and it is still not working. Every time i now click on iMovie it still need to be force quit to be able to do anything on my mac, even though all other applications will still work in the background. Please Help. Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Sep 7, 2014 2:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2014 8:32 AM

Daniel:

Try the following:

Hold down the Option Key while launching iMovie. This will bring up the following dialog:

User uploaded file

Click on "New", and create a new library:

User uploaded file

iMovie will open. Go to the File Menu, and select "Open Library", and select your original library in the submenu.

User uploaded file

This should open your old Library with projects:

User uploaded file

Click on the Empty iMovie Library you created earlier, then go to the File menu, and close it:

User uploaded file

You should be back where you were before the troubles now.

User uploaded file

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2014 8:32 AM in response to Danielmarc1

Daniel:

Try the following:

Hold down the Option Key while launching iMovie. This will bring up the following dialog:

User uploaded file

Click on "New", and create a new library:

User uploaded file

iMovie will open. Go to the File Menu, and select "Open Library", and select your original library in the submenu.

User uploaded file

This should open your old Library with projects:

User uploaded file

Click on the Empty iMovie Library you created earlier, then go to the File menu, and close it:

User uploaded file

You should be back where you were before the troubles now.

User uploaded file

iMovie 10.0.5 not responding when opened

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.