Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi connected, internet not working

just recently my iphone 5s (not jailbroken) stopped working on wifi.
my ccomputer, ps3, laptop, and moms galaxy s5, and moms work computer all work fine but my iphone will connect and then on kik will say "can not connect please connect to wifi and try again in a bit" on twitter and instagram just says "tap to retry" or sits there "loading" while a little loading circle sits by the full bars wifi meter safari wont load and neither will facebook or any games.
i have tried turning my computer and ps3 off, rebooting my wifi, rebooting my iphone, resetting my network connections settings, forgetting my network and trying again, renewing the lease, and everything else on the troubleshooting wifi page. my 4g works fine but only my iphone is having trouble on wifi even thoug it says its connected in the wifi menu.

the iphone is also up to date

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Sep 7, 2014 4:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2014 6:41 AM

Hi there jamesnotyou,

You may find the troubleshooting steps in the article below helpful.

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1398

Unable to access the Internet while connected to Wi-F

1. If you're using a public or commercial network, you may need to log in or subscribe.
  2. Check to see if you have a self-assigned IP address:
    1. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and locate the Wi-Fi network to which you're connected and tap User uploaded file.
    2. If your IP address is 169.254.xxx.xxx, you may not be able to access the Internet.
  3. If you do not have a self-assigned IP address, see if other Wi-Fi devices on your network have Internet access.
    • If they do not, consult with your network administrator or ISP for further assistance.
    • If they do, reset network settings on your device by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note: This will reset all network settings including:
      • previously connected Wi-Fi networks and passwords
      • recently used Bluetooth accessories
      • VPN and APN settings

-Griff W.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2014 6:41 AM in response to jamesnotyou

Hi there jamesnotyou,

You may find the troubleshooting steps in the article below helpful.

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1398

Unable to access the Internet while connected to Wi-F

1. If you're using a public or commercial network, you may need to log in or subscribe.
  2. Check to see if you have a self-assigned IP address:
    1. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and locate the Wi-Fi network to which you're connected and tap User uploaded file.
    2. If your IP address is 169.254.xxx.xxx, you may not be able to access the Internet.
  3. If you do not have a self-assigned IP address, see if other Wi-Fi devices on your network have Internet access.
    • If they do not, consult with your network administrator or ISP for further assistance.
    • If they do, reset network settings on your device by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note: This will reset all network settings including:
      • previously connected Wi-Fi networks and passwords
      • recently used Bluetooth accessories
      • VPN and APN settings

-Griff W.

wifi connected, internet not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.