Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App says that I have already purchased juice cubes and will download automatically but will not download.

my son keeps wanting me to open the Juice Cubes app. It says that it has already been purchased and will download now with no additional charge. It doesn't do anything. I can't open it. He's got autisim and has a hard time understanding why this is happening. Please help so this mother can have some peace. Lol 😁

iPad

Posted on Sep 7, 2014 5:51 PM

9 replies

Sep 8, 2014 12:00 AM in response to KellyKolberg

If it's not downloading via the Purchased tab in the App Store app, then see if any of the following fix it :

- disconnect and reconnect to your network (Settings > Wi-Fi)

- log out and back into your account (tap on your id at the bottom of the Featured tab in the App Store to log out)

- close the App Store app via the iPad's taskbar : assuming that your iPad is on iOS 7 : iOS: Force an app to close

- soft-reset : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

Sep 8, 2014 1:40 AM in response to KellyKolberg

If you had a computer then you could have tried downloading the app in iTunes on that and then synced it from there to your iPad - but if you don't have a computer then you can't do that.

Are you able to download other apps via the Purchased tab in the App Store app without any problems ? And do you get any error messages when trying to download the app that you want ?

Sep 8, 2014 2:32 AM in response to KellyKolberg

No, once an app has been downloaded on an account it will remain tied to that account and can't be deleted from its purchase history.

And you've tried downloading the app both from the main part of the store (it should have a cloud icon against it for redownloading), and the Purchased tab in the store ? Also see if you can redownload a different app via the Purchased tab to see if it's a general problem or just with that one app.

Sep 8, 2014 4:37 AM in response to KellyKolberg

Not sure what else to suggest, logging out, closing apps, soft-reset, logging back in, fixes a number of things - I've done a quick search on here and I can't find any fixes, hopefully if somebody else reads this and knows what to do then they will post.

I seem to be able to download the app here in the UK, and delete and redownload it. You could try contacting iTunes Support and see if they can see any problems with your account that is affecting the redownloading of that app (but it might take 24 hours for them to reply, and they not suggest anything new ; except for possibly resetting your iPad back to factory defaults which is probably not advisable apart from as a last resort, you may not be able to redownload everything from the store as rights-holders occasionally remove items) : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/ - click on Contact iTunes Store Support on the right-hand side of the page, then Purchases, Billing & Redemption

Had you made any in-app purchases within the app and/or have progress in the app ? You could try creating a new account (you will need to use a different email address as its primary email address) and see if you can download it with that account - but as apps are tied to the account that downloaded them any in-app purchases/progress from your existing account will not show if you download the app on a different account.

Creating an account without giving credit card details : Create an iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store account without a credit card or other payment method

Redownloading an account's past purchases can tie a device to that account for 90 days (though that should only affect redownloading, iTunes Match and automatic downloads), so if you do create a new account and you can download the app then if it gets deleted (you can prevent apps being deleted via Settings > General > Restrictions > Deleting Apps 'off') you may not be able to redownload it - or if you do it may tie your iPad to that account for 90 days : iTunes Store: Associating a device or computer to your Apple ID.

App says that I have already purchased juice cubes and will download automatically but will not download.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.