Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clip Art Copying & Printing Problems

When using AppleWorks 6.2.9 on my new iMac, I cannot get a WP document to switch to a Drawing document, even though I click the toolbox and select the arrow pointer in the menu. And when I copy and paste clip art from a Dover CD to an AppleWorks document, I'm not able to select and move it. In addition, the printed quality of the clip art is cloudy and poor, even though I'm using a new HP PSC 1510 printer. None of these problems occur with my ten-year-old PowerMac. If this inquiry makes sense, could someone please help me?

I'm new to this site and would appreciate the assistance of those far more knowledgeable than I am. Thank you.

iMac Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Sep 19, 2006 9:00 PM

3 replies

Sep 19, 2006 9:40 PM in response to archaic

Welcome to Apple Discussions

You can enter the draw mode in a word processing document. You can't change a word processing document into a draw document. I think you might be accidentally clicking in the body of your document after clicking the arrow/draw tool, going back into text mode.

As for "cloudy" printing, most say it is fuzzy, turn Fractional Character Widths on in Preferences > General > Topic: Text. Yes, it's a text setting, but it does help with printing of graphics. Also, make sure you have the newest driver for your printer. HP printers are notorious in this forum, as well as the Pages forum, for not "playing nice."

User uploaded file

Clip Art Copying & Printing Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.