Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X upgrade from 10.6.8 to Mavericks fail

Hi,

I am currently running OS X 10.6.8 on a mac air with 1.4GHz processor and 4GB RAM. I downloaded the Mavericks upgrade installation from app store and started the installation.

After restarting the mac air to complete the installation the installation is stopped after few minutes and a message is displayed stating "The installation cannot be completed". A long error log is also created. I am unable to make sense of the error log nor able to troubleshoot to "why" the installation cannot be completed.

Appreciate if anyone are able to share some advice. If needed I can share the error log for better troubleshooting.

MacBook Air (11-inch Late 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 8, 2014 2:22 AM

1 reply

Sep 8, 2014 2:29 AM in response to Grande7

Please make sure you have a recoverable backup.

Please check if the installer log messages reflect problems referenced in Installer reports "OS X could not be installed on your computer" or "This disk cannot be used to start up your computer".

Do you have multiple installations of OSX or Bootcamp on the MBA?

Please share the last 20+ lines of the Installer log. Remove any personal information as you see fit.

OS X upgrade from 10.6.8 to Mavericks fail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.