Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have a iphone 4s and when i try to download off app store they say sign in required and they make me put my payment info in

i have a iphone 4s and when i try to download off app store they say sign in required and they make me put my payment info in

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Sep 8, 2014 8:28 AM

1 reply

Sep 10, 2014 6:35 AM in response to diontae14

Hello diontae14,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

A payment source is required to download content from the App Store if the Apple ID had already been created, and this is the first time you are using the App Store. You are able however to change the payment type to "none" afterwards.

If you’re using the iTunes Store or App Store for the first time

If you’re using the store for the first time with an existing Apple ID, you must provide a payment method. After you create the account, you can change your payment information to None.

If you’re creating a new Apple ID, you might be able to create an account without entering your credit card details.

Why can’t I select None when I edit my Apple ID payment information?

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5366

Take care,

Alex H.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.