Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPOD Nano with SOnata 2013

I purchased a new IPOD nano yesterday to use with my Sonata 2013 Limited. When I plug in the lightning cable, everything connects and I can play music. However I cannot see Album names, playlist or even song listings. The song info is displayed in a weird file name such as ABCDEFGH.IJK. If i press the "INFO" button, song info is displayed but as soon as I change tracks it back to the same. I can browse back but the file names are all the same. I tried this with the lightning cable from Hyundai and it did not make a difference. Thinking of returning the IPOD. Another option I tried was to pair using Bluetooth, but that doesn't work either. Any suggestions or similar experience?

Posted on Sep 8, 2014 10:18 AM

1 reply

Sep 10, 2014 6:33 AM in response to AMQ2

Hi AMQ2,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I'm not familiar with the Sonata interface, but here's an article for troubleshooting car connections.

iOS: Troubleshooting car stereo connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3581

Remote user interface

Some car stereos and other accessories that connect with a 30-pin connector allow access to the device's user interface directly from your car stereo. The following may occur when using a remote user interface:

• Some car stereos can display track information from your device. If your device displays the proper track information but your stereo does not, please contact the stereo manufacturer for additional assistance.
  • When using the remote user interface, ensure that you enter commands through the car stereo and not through Voice Control.

If you have another iPod to test with (even a friends?) you may want to test with that as well.

Take care,

Nubz

IPOD Nano with SOnata 2013

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.