Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transfer contacts from android to 5c

Just got a 5c, want to transfer my contacts from Android phone (HTC One V). Lots of info online, nothing works or explains how to get to stage 1. In my "People" icon on the HTC, the Export/Import option does not include the computer the phone is attached to - so how do I create a file that be transfer (.vcf I believe). I suspect if I could do this, I could send to iCloud and I'd be fine, but the instructions online - nowhere can I find any info on how to create the .vcf file

Thanks rod

iPhone 5C, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Sep 8, 2014 9:59 AM

12 replies

Sep 9, 2014 2:53 AM in response to Ingo2711

I just find everything about the HTC totally hostile. I suffered it for 2 years, (at least of year of which i went back to my old Nokia E71 because I couldn't stand it). I have used HTC synch to backup my phone, thankfully never had to restore it because I've no idea where it hides the files. I've been trying for 3-4 days to figure out how to offload my contacts as a .vcf file, totally failed.

Just to sum up my HTC experience, type "tomorro" into a text, mine doesn't even come up with tomorrow as a suggestion. Every time I want to go to "Messages" icon, it blanks the screen two or three times before it works. It cuts off calls if you plug in the charger. It reboots every couple of days. It's just a horrid, horrid thing.

My 5C working now, lovely to use a touch screen that has some inkling of what I'm trying to press.

Thanks for help though, nice to know that folk are so helpful - sorry about the rant.

transfer contacts from android to 5c

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.