Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How many loops in loop browser after install additional content? ('fresh' Garageband 10.0.2)

Hi,

A simple question perhaps, but I was wondering how many loops there are supposed to be in the loop browser of a 'fresh' Garageband 10.0.2 install after the additional content has been payed, downloaded and installed? The reason I ask is that the Apple documents mention 'over 2000 loops and sounds', but when I look at the total amount of loops in my browser I only see a count of 1599 items (see attached pic). Perhaps I'm misunderstanding Apple's commercial pitch here, so I just wanted to check whether this is the normal number one should see or not? (And I also find it strange that there are no 'vocal' loops for example... A couple of years ago I had an older version of Garageband, for which I bought all the Jam Pack discs and I seem to distinctly remember that there were vocal loops in that collection...)

User uploaded file

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), 10 GB RAM, ATI RADEON HD5770

Posted on Sep 8, 2014 9:26 AM

2 replies

Sep 10, 2014 10:03 AM in response to Timolution

Hello there, Timolution.

You are very correct in the quantity of loops, the following Knowledge Base article corroborates that:

Expanding GarageBand for Mac (v10.0) content with an in-app purchase

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6031

If you haven't done so, I would recommend verifying that you don't have any remaining downloads with this step:

If you previously purchased this content, select Restore Purchase to install the content.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

Sep 10, 2014 11:49 AM in response to pedro d

Hey pedro d,

Thanks for the input, but it turns out everything was actually downloaded and installed correctly the first time around. In a hunch I used the terminal to quickly make a count of all the files present under the /Library/Audio/Apple Loops directory and it's subdirectories, and it turns out that there were over 2400 loop/sound files present. So at first I thought that the indexing of the loops might perhaps have gone wrong, so I went pecking for an option to reindex; but instead of finding this option I ended up solving the problem. It's quite embarrassing to admit, as the solution was very simple and had been right under my nose all the time, but as it turns out I forgot to uncheck the option Keyword Browsing: Filter for more relevant results. As it's description says: Limit search to loops that are within two semitones of project key, so yeah... It was actually quite logical and correct that I couldn't see the full loop count in the browser as long as this option was checked. Woops! (^^;)>

How many loops in loop browser after install additional content? ('fresh' Garageband 10.0.2)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.