Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"We had difficulty downloading episodes from your feed" problem persists with valid feeds

I am trying to submit my podcast to iTunes and keep getting the error indicating iTunes had difficulty downloading episodes from my feed. I reviewed other solutions provided and none of them helped because it appears my feed has the proper enclosures and downloadable media associated with it.

I have tried my Feedburner feed (http://feeds.feedburner.com/LetterToACESDirector) and the source Soundcloud feed (http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:110862236/sounds.rss) to no avail. I tried the test Apple suggests and adding the podcast to my personal library works just fine. Additionally, I validated the feeds via feedvalidator.org. Any help appreciated.

Posted on Sep 8, 2014 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2014 9:51 AM

When you enter the URL of one of your media files in the address bar in Safari it should play directly in the browser. Yours are downloading instead. The iTunes application downloads the files anyway, but the Store has to be able to play them off the server for them to work there. For this reason files where there is a forced download are rejected.

This is a common issue with SoundCloud - downloading appears to be the default setting. You need to set your files so that they play in a browser and don't force a download - I'm afraid I can't advise on the specifics of that.

21 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2014 9:51 AM in response to eiznem

When you enter the URL of one of your media files in the address bar in Safari it should play directly in the browser. Yours are downloading instead. The iTunes application downloads the files anyway, but the Store has to be able to play them off the server for them to work there. For this reason files where there is a forced download are rejected.

This is a common issue with SoundCloud - downloading appears to be the default setting. You need to set your files so that they play in a browser and don't force a download - I'm afraid I can't advise on the specifics of that.

Nov 7, 2014 9:10 AM in response to brunosofia

Your image is 2500 x 2500px and it has become apparent that this will be rejected as being too large. There is certainly no point in having it that size, it won't be displayed at anything like that. Furthermore at 532kB the file is too large - it must be less than 500kB. You should reduce the image to 1400 x 1400, which will also bring the file size down - give it a new name.

Nov 7, 2014 9:21 AM in response to brunosofia

The image has not changed (it's the image in the 'itunes:image' tag which matters) and the media file is still downloading. Both of these will get you rejected. You should check these points by entering the URL of the media file in a browser to confirm whether it is still downloading, and by examining the image referenced in that tag in the feed, before submitting again. I'm happy to check your feed whenever you think you've sorted it but there may well be a delay as obviously I can't be on here 24/7.

"We had difficulty downloading episodes from your feed" problem persists with valid feeds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.