Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I stop receiving all support discussions asap

I don't want to receive your back & forth discussion mails anymore. What is to do to stop that annoyance.

Manifu31

see message

Posted on Sep 8, 2014 11:54 AM

10 replies

Sep 8, 2014 1:34 PM in response to bobseufert

How will you receive answers to you questions if you turn off all email notifications ?

I've had all notifications turned off for years. I did it at that time because my email provider (the address I use for all things Apple) had strict hourly/daily/monthly bandwidth limits and I also found it annoying to have my inbox overflowing. Over the years, I have found that I really do not need them at all - I simply check my page for any new content. It works and I can read any answers or new posts.

Oct 4, 2015 7:34 AM in response to bobseufert

"If you are receiving email from a forum you can turn that off, just make sure the check mark is grey"

Unsure what that means! I'd like to stop receiving messages from a specific thread I've participated in. Is there a way of doing that from the thread itself?! There should be!

In any event, haven't found a way of doing that from the user control panel either. It must exist because I've done it before. Activity nets me a long scrolling list of many entries. I suppose one must hunt through that to find the thread?

OK, that seems to be it-- but it would be easier and faster to have it be from within the thread--or failing that, a link that goes to your control panel and that specific thread.

Oct 5, 2015 7:04 AM in response to bobseufert

Bob, that's interesting! I don't have that when I look at threads! There is *nothing* beside the thread titles. I'm on Yosemite. Safari 9.0.

That would be a good design, if it appeared! 🙂

P.S, I double-checked both threads that I had started and ones that I had responded to. I do not have any checkmarks next to the title of the threads! Now, if I go inside my user profile, to My Activity, and dig up the thread, I can find a "stop following this discussion" link, but that's a lot of hunting.

How can I stop receiving all support discussions asap

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.