Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari doesn't load songs on youtube playlist unless i choose the tab

Hello,i am having a macbook pro retina display 13'' and i m using safari 7.0.6!!When i listen to a playlist,songs reload just fine,but as soon as i choose another tab the next song(when the one that i listen ends) won't load unless i choose the youtube tab!is there any solution?Thank you for your time

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Sep 8, 2014 12:40 PM

6 replies

Sep 14, 2014 2:16 PM in response to atawua

Try using another browser to see if it is Safari specific.

Firefox

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. If Back-to-My Mac is selected in System Preferences, the Guest account will not work. The intent is to see if it is specific to one account or a system wide problem. This account can be deleted later.

Isolating an issue by using another user account

Sep 14, 2014 2:46 PM in response to Eric Root

I used google chrome and everything works fine!!i am having a playlist playing while i am using another tab and songs keep changing like they supposed to...Plus,i created another OS X account but the same problem exists there too...Unless i activate the tab the song won't start playing as soon as the previous song ends!!(autoplay button is on on youtube)

Nov 17, 2014 10:06 AM in response to atawua

This is due to Safari's energy-saving techniques. If you compare Safari to Chrome, for instance, it uses far less energy when playing YouTube videos (particularly in the background).

However, far as I can tell this is because it's essentially skipping a few things, which affects the ability for the playlist to continue (massive simplification but you get the idea).

Only "solution" I know of is to keep a spare safari window open (not minimised) in the background for your playlists. Shame really as I'd much prefer to use playlists in Safari if it's more energy efficient and lets my Macbook run cooler / last longer on batteries.

Safari doesn't load songs on youtube playlist unless i choose the tab

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.