Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

battery percentage errors

hello

I want to ask my iphone 5s battery percentage error ..

conditions at the time of my iphone battery 8% immediately die, then my charger back ..iphone start with the condition of 8% .. why so? I want to come back as normal. I've done and restarts iphone ios upgrade .. but the situation remains so .. now the condition of 10% is dead .. and the more

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Sep 9, 2014 2:20 AM

3 replies

Sep 9, 2014 2:30 AM in response to Alexander kurniawan

Check this thread and the answer given by to calibrate the battery gauge again:

iPhone 5 battery dies at 5 percent

Lawrence FinchNov 19, 2013 1:23 AM
in response to woo671

There are two common causes for this issue; either the battery gauge needs recalibration, or the battery is dying. The one you can fix is to recalibrate:

When it shuts off charge for just a minute or two, then restart (hold HOME and SLEEP until an Apple logo appears). Deliberately run the battery down until the phone shuts off at 1%. If it shuts off above 1% repeat the above until you get to 1%. Then charge for 4 hours with the wall charger without using the phone. This process will recalibrate the battery gauge.

To prevent this from happening again about once a month run the battery all the way down to 1%, then continue until the phone shuts off. Apple recommends this in their battery help article, but they don't say why you should do it. The have some hokum about "keeping the electrons moving." Honestly! The iPad battery tip gives the correct reason.

battery percentage errors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.