Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will the Verizon version of the iPhone 6 support NFC and Apple Pay?

According to the specs on the Apple website it will not. That could be a deal breaker. Can someone confirm or explain this?

Posted on Sep 9, 2014 4:15 PM

11 replies

Sep 9, 2014 7:34 PM in response to Clark Addison

Clark Addison wrote:

Apple.com/iPhone/comparison. Scroll down to the carrier section.

I assume you mean this page:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/

All I see is a list of carriers. I don't see anything that indicates the Verizon model won't have NFC. The four columns underneath don't represent the carrier specs but continue the four columns from the page as a whole: 6+, 6, 5S, 5C.

User uploaded file

Sep 9, 2014 7:32 PM in response to Clark Addison

It's in response to this screenshot, right?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ga5jt36xharfao/Screenshot%202014-09-09%2021.29.37.png ?dl=0

It makes it look like Verizon and T-Mobile aren't going to have the NFC, because of the way the carriers line up. But, they are in a different section (see the horizontal line). After the carriers section, it returns to the 4 columns representing the different phone models. So the iPhone 6+ and 6 have NFC, while the 5s and 5c do not.

I thought the same thing you did, which is why I found this thread in the first place. But now I see the difference.

Sep 9, 2014 7:53 PM in response to Allison Sheridan

Allison Sheridan wrote:

I get the confusion!!!

The T-mobile logo is graphically aligned with the iPhone 5s and the Verizon logo is aligned with the iPhone 5c, and both of those do not have NFC.

So I'm betting this is just a bad graphic not implying at all that Verizon and T-Mobile will definitely support Apple Play!

It took me a while to figure out that that's what the OP had misinterpreted. I didn't read it that way but I can certainly see how one could.

Will the Verizon version of the iPhone 6 support NFC and Apple Pay?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.