Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

preventing the automatic download and installation of iOS 8

Once again this becomes an issue. How to prevent the automatic download and installation of iOS 8. Thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Sep 9, 2014 3:44 PM

4 replies

Apr 18, 2015 12:43 AM in response to Ghost_Rider

Grrrrr. This needs a solution. I have a portable wifi account I use for teaching (mainly Apple devices) and when traveling. It updates my download capacity in 1gb chunks at $10 each. Just traveling at the moment, and this coincides with Apple updates. Three devices, @ 2 odd gb ea, all deciding to update while I drive. By the time I got the update notices from Optus, all three devices had downloaded the updates and were waiting for me to press install. I don't mind installing, but I don't want to pay $60 for the downloads thru this account. I think Apple owes me $60. There's no reason they can't set a restriction on this type of download for user nominated accounts. This is a significant issue for a lot of people. Please Apple,

preventing the automatic download and installation of iOS 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.