Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I add multiple rows in Numbers for iPad?

iPad, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 9, 2014 6:44 PM

18 replies

Jan 7, 2015 10:17 AM in response to narlee

iit's been a problem for me. I've used Lotus and Excel extensivey over the last 25 years, both for work and home, and inserting multiple rows - or copying and *inserting* multiple rows - is something I do frequently.

Knowing that I can't do this in Numbers on my iPad rules Numbers out as an option whenever I need to use worksheets that contain small amounts of data. That people can use their PC or Mac is probably why this isn't brought up more often here.

It's a very basic function and should be included as a feature.

Jan 8, 2015 7:26 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

Hi James,

On the iPod I can only insert what is on the clipboard but I can insert however many rows I have there. Is it working differently for you? Benjoon seemed to think that he could not do this in Numbers. He was ruling Numbers out because of it. He doesn't need to do that because of this issue.

If I was needing to insert multiple blank rows often I might keep a table of blank rows or just some blank rows at the end of the working table that I could copy/paste. This is no different than Numbers on the Mac.

quinn

Jul 28, 2015 8:46 AM in response to narlee

Regarding many of the questions/issues here. Why are Numbers, Pages & Keynote (along with their Microsoft equivalent apps) so feature restricted? Some of the features missing simply don't make sense; like the ability to select presentation slide backgrounds or change the characteristics of borders in a spreadsheet group of cells. It seems that the iPad is powerful enough to do these things, so why the restrictions. Thanks much.

CHuck Cohen

PS: I hope I posted this properly.

Dec 3, 2016 9:04 PM in response to narlee

The work-around for inserting multiple rows in the iPad version of Numbers is to do as t Quinn recommended. "keep a table of blank rows or just some blank rows at the end of the working table that I could copy/paste."

1. Copy multiple blank rows.

2. Select the row where you want to insert the multiple rows; be sure you are selecting the row, not just a cell in the row.

3. Paste the rows; they will paste above the row you selected, thus inserting multiple rows.

Note that this is also a way to insert one or more non-blank rows, the trick is to select the row at the insertion point, not a single cell within the row.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.