Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes won't update from 11.1.5 to 11.4. Why?

As the title says. Not sure why it won't update. I have:

Macbook Pro (mid 2009), running Mavericks

And have tried software update, app store, reloaded the app store page, tried my Admin profile, tried downloading it from the site, pretty much everything I can think of. What do? HALP

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Sep 9, 2014 8:50 PM

13 replies

Sep 10, 2014 4:55 AM in response to chakk19

Well, I at least am not having THAT happen........ another thing to note is that when I try to download iTunes from the site, it finishes downloading but then I can't find it anywhere on my computer (and believe me, I searched). What was your server error message, chakk19? Have you tried looking it up? I'd love to have an error message, it'd mean I could diagnose this dang problem.

Sep 21, 2014 8:16 PM in response to Oatllama

I'm having an issue updating from iTunes 11.3 on a Windows XP machine. Whenever I try to update from either iTunes or Apple Software Update, they simply stop responding and I have to use Task Manager to close them. When I try downloading the installer manually from the website, it takes me to the "Thank You" page, but never starts the download.

iTunes won't update from 11.1.5 to 11.4. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.