Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i get rid of U2 songs in my playlist?

WIthout downloading the album, U2 songs appears on my playlist out of nowhere. However, when i connect my iphone to the laptop, the album doesn't show up in the itunes, so how could i delete/get rid if it??

THanks a bunch!

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Sep 9, 2014 10:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2014 12:02 PM

Hello Isey,

It may be that you are seeing your purchased music stored in the cloud on your iPhone. Even though the U2 album was not purchased, it would still show as a purchased item. Try turning off the Show All Music selection.

iTunes Match - iPhone

http://help.apple.com/iphone/7/#/iph6e2dfb83

Just show music that’s been downloaded from iCloud. Go to Settings > Music, then turn off Show All Music.

Regards,

Jeff D.

28 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2014 12:02 PM in response to lsey

Hello Isey,

It may be that you are seeing your purchased music stored in the cloud on your iPhone. Even though the U2 album was not purchased, it would still show as a purchased item. Try turning off the Show All Music selection.

iTunes Match - iPhone

http://help.apple.com/iphone/7/#/iph6e2dfb83

Just show music that’s been downloaded from iCloud. Go to Settings > Music, then turn off Show All Music.

Regards,

Jeff D.

Sep 12, 2014 12:45 PM in response to lsey

Are those items showing a cloud icon?

I guess it's possible those items are downloaded?

You can delete an item from a playlist via the delete button when it is selected.

You can also delete the song file by holding alt when you hit delete, that should move it into the Mac's Trash folder.

You can also consider hiding the purchases - that should prevent iCloud showing you the files…

iTunes Store: Hiding and unhiding purchases

Sep 12, 2014 2:19 PM in response to Drew Reece

Hey Drew,

THank you for your reply!

I think you are right, it may be downloaded.

"You can delete an item from a playlist via the delete button when it is selected.

You can also delete the song file by holding alt when you hit delete, that should move it into the Mac's Trash folder."

Did you mean deleting it on the computer? It's not showing on itunes though. And it is not deletable on my iphone as well. Usually i will be able to delete a song on the playlist by sliding to the left, but i wasn't able to do that to U2 songs. It's quite annoying...

Sep 12, 2014 3:15 PM in response to lsey

lsey wrote:

Hey Drew,

It's quite annoying...

That's U2 for you 🙂

What is the playlist, if it is a smart playlist you cannot delete items from it - they are in the playlist because they 'match' some rules.

View the list of songs or albums & try dragging them to the left, you should see the delete option.

iOS also has the 'nuke all' option that is inside Settings app > General > Usage> Music. You can drag the music to the left to bring up the delete option - that should remove everything! It may be a final solution if you can stand reloading the music you want on the device. Obviously backup before you even contemplate this - iCloud backup won't store media files that came from a computer, so consider that too before nuking.

Sep 16, 2014 8:42 AM in response to bmwowner172

bmwowner172 wrote:

honestly i don't think there is a way to get rid of the songs because i tried downloading them cause i had the cloud symbol on the album and then when i downloaded them i tried to delete them and then the cloud symbol showed up again so the only solution i had is to turn off show all music

Please read the thread you complain in.

Remove iTunes gift album "Songs of Innocence" from your iTunes music library and purchases

Sep 19, 2014 6:25 PM in response to Drew Reece

I've been having problems with the removal tool - the page just keeps loading and loading and loading. Hitting the button also gets the same result - eternal loading. I've disabled Ad Block Plus and Ghostery and FlashBlock (all in Firefox) but with no results. Do you have to use Safari to get this thing to work, or is the website just overloaded?

How do i get rid of U2 songs in my playlist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.