Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Open local HTML file into Keynote web view

I'm giving a presentation on Friday in a place that does'nt have an internet connection. Would like to open an index.html file into Keynotes web view. Every time that I try to insert a page view the URL reverts back to... HTTP://...

Has anyone done this? Any help would be appreciated!!

G5 - 17" Powerbook, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Sep 20, 2006 3:26 AM

5 replies

Sep 20, 2006 4:59 AM in response to Thirst

I think you're seeing some board funkiness, because the link works for me. In any case, here are the relevant instructions:

Keynote will only show web files that are actually served from a webserver, and not those that just reside on your hard drive. Fortunately, there is an easy work-around for this, namely, turning on Personal Web Sharing in the OS X System Preferences (under Sharing). This will enable the built-in Apache web server, which can then serve up the files you want to display.

To access the site files, the easiest way is to move them to the Sites folder of your home directory. Now you should be able to access these files through the built-in web server by pointing your browser at "http://localhost/~yourshortusername" (where "yourshortusername" is the short name of the account, discoverable by going into the Accounts preference pane in System Preferences). Note that the default file at that URL must be named "index.html". You can also have folders nested within the Sites directory, just be sure to put the path to the folder/file in the URL (e.g., if you have a file named "bob.html" in a folder called "fred" in the Sites directory, the URL would be "http://localhost/~ yourshortusername/fred/bob.html".

Open local HTML file into Keynote web view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.